Home Insurance in North Carolina
It is crucial for homeowners living in North Carolina to obtain home insurance that provides them with the appropriate coverage that they need. We offer a variety of options here at Powell’s Insurance in Clinton, NC. It doesn’t matter if you live in downtown Greensboro or Raleigh. Home insurance is the only way to make sure that your home is protected in the event of a water backup or if damage were to occur to the outside of your home due to a storm.
Requirements for Home Insurance
The best thing to do is check with your mortgage lender to see if home insurance is required. While it may not be required in the state of North Carolina, your lender may require it. Even if your mortgage lender does not make it a requirement, home insurance is still highly recommended. Without it, you will be left to pay for any damages and replacements out of your own pockets.
Coverage and Policies
Basic homeowner’s insurance includes:
- Personal liability- If damages were to occur in your home as a result of an accident, personal liability coverage can help cover the costs of damages. This also includes injury to a person.
- Dwelling- This coverage will keep your home’s structure protected as well as carpet and all appliances that are built-in.
- Contents- This policy will help to keep your personal belongings covered. This goes for anything that is not built into your home or attached to your home. This includes both clothing and furniture.
- Ordinance- This will help cover the costs to rebuild your home after experiencing a loss.
- Other structures- This will take care of the many structures that are not attached to your home. This includes fences, barns, sheds, and garages that are detached.
- Loss of use- This will help to cover the costs of additional living expenses if you are not able to live in your home due to a loss.
If you need home insurance, visit our Powell’s Insurance website for a quote. We are located in Clinton, NC.
Powell’s Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of Clinton, Sampson County, and all of North Carolina for over 40 years.